“I surrender to the transformative power of love and allow its light to guide my path.”
Pain has touched our hearts and lives in so many ways, and I’m not here to make it seem as though you’re supposed to sweep it under the rug, ignore it, or act like it didn’t happen. It’s inevitable that pain in varied ways will manifest itself in all aspects of our lives. However, there’s another component that will inevitably manifest itself as well if, that’s your will, and that’s the power of love. Love changes things, minds, hearts, and spirits. It seeps in the crevices of our pain, touches it, and transforms our pain, despair, and disappointment into something stronger, more adaptable, healthy, resilient, and luminous than before. When we allow love to do the transformative work of healing and restoring we subsequently will enable it to amplify the light that already exists within us.
Try the following meditation:
- Sit in a comfortable seated position.
- Take a moment to settle into your body, ground through your sit bones, and stack your spine.
- Close your eyes or take a soft gaze.
- Begin taking deep inhales and long exhales.
- Start to visualize that painful wound allowing yourself to feel whatever comes up.
- Then begin to imagine yourself surrounded by a bright, pulsating light, that gives off love and a warming sensation.
- Feel the warmth of the light noticing any subtle sensations in the body.
- With every inhale as your body fills with the life-giving force of breath visualize your heart becoming filled with the feeling of love.
- Hold this meditation for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To close the meditation, bring your hands to heart in prayer pose and give thanks for your hearts opening.
- After meditation, reflect on the experience and emotions by journaling.
- Perform this meditation three times a week, working your way up to performing it daily.
Lotus Medicine: Life is hard, and it doesn’t come with a manual. We are all really in this sh** together, even if, we don’t realize it. If we understand that no emotion or energy is higher than that of love, we must acknowledge how incredibly powerful and transformative it is. Human beings, animals, and even plants thrive in loving environments and in those void of love you find deterioration and death. We have to choose what we will decide to fuel and guide us. My hope is, even in our toughest moments, we all look to love.
Love and Light,